THE NIGHT WARRIOR TRAIL RUN SERIES - 2018
NIGHT TRAIL RUN SERIES - 2018
Date : Within the first week of every month 2018 - 6 Sept | 2 Oct | 1 Nov | 6 Dec
Venue: Kameeldoring golf course, Mokopane, Limpopo, South Africa
Terrain: Bushveld | Gravel roads | Jeep tracks | Game trails |
Distance: 8km | 4km |
SERIES EVENT #4
ENTER ONLINE - FOR EVENT #4
* LAST EVENT FOR 2018 - PRIZE GIVING AFTERWARDS *
- Please register online per event and only pay at registrations. R50 entry fee plus once off R20 timing bib.
- Returning participant only pay R50. Remember your timing bib.
- SERIES participants do not have to register again.
- Remember that you have to take part in at least 3 EVENTS to qualify for MEDALS and PRIZES!
SERIES EVENT #4
Date : 6 DECEMBER 2018 - THURSDAY
Venue: Kameeldoring Golf Club, Clubhouse
Times: 17:30 - 18:30
Kameeldoring Oppi Stoep Restaurant will be open
6 December 2018 - THURSDAY
18:50 - Race briefing
19:00 - Start 8km trail run
19:05 - Start 4km trail run
20:15 - Prize Giving
Delicious pizza's, refreshments and lots more available
- R200 FOR ALL 4 EVENTS. (RACE TIMING BIB INCLUDED) - SERIES REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED!
- ENTER YOURSELF FOR SINGLE EVENTS ONLINE AND ONLY PAY R50 PER PARTICIPANT PLUS R20 TIMING BIB FEE AT REGISTRATION.
- SAME RACE TIMING BIB TO BE USED FOR ALL EVENTS.
- RETURNING PARTICIPANTS ONLY PAY R50
- ONLINE ENTRIES WILL CLOSE 30 MINUTES BEFORE START - REGISTER YOURSELF ONLINE
- IF WE HAVE TO ENTER YOUR DETAILS AT REGISTRATION, THERE WILL BE AN LATE PENALTY FEE OF R100 PER ENTRY.
- THIS SERIES HAS 4 RACES AND THE BEST 3 WILL COUNT TOWARDS YOUR FINAL SERIES SCORE.
- HEADLIGHTS ARE COMPULSORY.
- PLEASE SUPPORT THE GOLF CLUB BY HAVING DINNER AND DRINKS AFTERWARDS.
- The event will take place as scheduled. Adverse weather conditions (rain, hail, lightning etc.) will not affect event and the organizers do not take any responsibility if conditions affect participants in any way. Entrants with safety concerns can select not to participate.
- There are no cancellation refunds.
RACE CATEGORIES - 8 KM
- Under 40 category (12 - 39) Male and female categories
- Over 40 category (40 +) Male and female categories.
RACE CATEGORIES - 4 KM
- Under 40 category (7 - 39) Male and female categories.
- Over 40 category (40+) Male and female categories.
- FREE entry for children under 12 accompanied by parent / adult participant. (If you need timing for child, register and pay R20)
- 8 km trail running course. (Approximate distance)
- 4 km trail running course. (Approximate distance)
- Due to the nature of trail running there are no km marker boards.
- There are no official water points on route.
- Make sure you take your own water supply with you.
- Walkers welcome.
YOUR ENTRY INCLUDES:
- Being part of this first night trail run series in Mokopane
- Professionally timed event with instant live results
- Running bib to be used for the 2018 series
- Earn Discovery Vitality points
- Special medals for series finishers (Compete in at least 3 events)
- Ample food and drinks to be sold at the golf clubhouse
- Final prize giving ceremony for series winners and finishers, 6th December 2018
- Kameeldoring golf course.
- Directions: See map at bottom of page.
- Registration and Start at the clubhouse.
- Restaurant, bar and bathrooms at venue.
- Leave work, come run, have supper.
RACE DATES AND TIMES
- See top of page for Info
FUTURE EVENTS IN THE SERIES
FIRST WEEK OF MONTH - Starting September till December 2018
- Thursday - 6 SEPTEMBER 2018 - EVENT COMPLETED
- Tuesday - 2 OCTOBER 2018 - EVENT COMPLETED
- Thursday - 1 NOVEMBER 2018 - EVENT COMPLETED
- Thursday - 6 DECEMBER 2018
- Pre-entries. R50 per competitor plus a R20 once off Timing Bib fee.
- Pre-entries closes 30 minutes before start.
- You can enter per event online and pay at registration.
- Entry fee for the SERIES events, R200 includes your Running Bib, to be used for the 2018 night trail series.
- Lost or replacement bibs will cost R20.
- Please enter yourself online or pay R100 penalty at registrations.
- No refunds of entry fees or transfers to future events.
It is compulsory that competitors must each be equipped with a headlamp or torch. The stronger the light the better.
It is recommended that competitors should each be equipped with the following minimum equipment:
- Trail shoes or similar shoes.
- A hydration system (water bottles or bladder). No water stations on course.
- Comfortable running clothes suitable to weather conditions.
EVENT RULES & REGULATIONS
- The series consist of a points system and the competitors best 3 results will count towards the series points.
- Only paid participants in the event will be allowed on the course.
- Competitor completing in the event must comply to all the rules and regulations.
- Competitors are to complete the entire event without any assistance.
- Competitors are required to follow the course as designed by the Organizer.
- Stay off the Greens and any other sensitive areas.
- No dogs allowed.
- This is a FUN Series.
- No supporters on the course.
- No physical support is allowed. Any form of physical support will lead to the competitor’s disqualification.
- Supporters are to have read these Standard Rules and Regulations as well as the Event Specific Rules.
- There will be NO medical assistance on site.
- Entrants with safety concerns can select not to participate.
Results & Complaints & Appeals
- Competitors crossing the finish will be given a “Provincial result”. This is pending the outcome of complaints and/or any further information coming to the organisers’ knowledge.
- All complaints and/or queries are to be directed to the organisers and/or their Management Team.
- Any objections to positions in the results, must be lodge with the organisers within an hour after finishing the event.
- Winners must be present at Prize Giving to qualify for prizes on 6 December 2018.
- The Event Organisers decision is final.
- Any competitor who has not completed the entire course will be disqualified.
- Any competitor found to have transgressed the rules and regulations of the event and/or acting contrary to the spirit of the event will be liable for disqualification.
- The Race Director may impose a disqualification or penalty taking into consideration the spirit of the event.
Spirit of the Event
- Not cheating with regard to the rules and regulations of this event and the sport.
- Where one competitor finds another in need of medical attention – they must stop to assist.
- Abiding by the rules and regulations of this event and sport.
- Being eco-friendly, polite and prepared to assist a fellow man in need.
- Not misleading organisers and/or marshals with inaccurate/incomplete information.
- Not removing direction boards or signage of any sort.
PRIZES / AWARDS
1st, 2nd, 3rd - SERIES WINNERS
- 8km Under 40 Male
- 8km Under 40 Female
- 8km Over 40 Male
- 8km Over 40 Female
1st, 2nd, 3rd - SERIES WINNERS
- 4km Under 40 Male
- 4km Under 40 Female
- 4km Over 40 Male
- 4km Over 40 Female
- Prize winners must be present at prize giving to qualify for prizes the 6th of December 2018
- Medals to all finishers in the SERIES. - Must have completed 3 events.
- Lucky draw prizes will be handed out at prize giving.
- All objections must be made before prize giving. After prizes have been handed out, the results are final.