YSTERBERG TIBANI MTB CHALLENGE
Date : 23 February 2019
Venue: Tibani Lodge, Mokopane, Limpopo, South Africa
Terrain: Bushveld | Gravel Roads | Jeep Tracks | Singletrack
Ascent: 70km - 1200m | 35km - 600m | 15km - 180m |
* ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSES - WEDNESDAY 20 FEBRUARY 2019 AT MIDNIGHT *
*YOU CAN STILL ENTER AT VENUE /REGISTRATION *
Registration Times and Number Collection
Date : 22 February 2019
Venue: Tibani Lodge
Times: 14:00 - 17:00
Date : 23 February 2019
Venue: Tibani Lodge, Race Village
Times: 05:00 - 06:30
23 February 2019 - Saturday
Sat - 07:00 - Start 70km
Sat - 07:15 - Start 35km
Sat - 07:30 - Start 15km
Sat - 12:00 - Prize Giving
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ROUTES ARE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY! RESPECT THE WILD LIFE AND FARMERS PROPERTY! ROUTES ARE EXCLUSIVE TO THIS RACE!
TIBANI LODGE TERRAIN AND SURROUNDINGS:
Single Track, Game Trails, Jeep Track, Gravel Road, Rocky, Savannah, Bushveld
The routes will provide the cyclists with a real adventurous escape into the bushveld with breath-taking views and vast diversity of wild life.
15KM MTB FUN RIDE
This is a fun race aimed at the inexperienced mountain biker who seldom rides and does not have a great deal of fitness. a Nice introduction into what mountain biking is all about. The route will be 13km and 180m of elevation.
35KM MTB RACE:
This is a stunning route through the neighboring farms and over the picturesque hills and up the famous Aloe Avenue Climb. The route will be 33km and 600m elevation.
70KM MTB RACE:
The 70km route starts off with the same route as the 35km riders and will pass the start/finish area that will be great for the spectators. After you pass the start/finish you will head towards the real mountains and will be rewarded with stunning views, extended singletracks and nice flowing downhills back! This route will be 67km and have 1200m elevation.
GENERAL RACE INFO:
Rules and Regulations
- All riders (35km & 70km) must have a valid licence.
A day license must be purchased for R35 if you do not have one.
- All riders must wear protective headgear AT ALL TIMES.
Failure may result in disqualification and or penalty.
- All riders must be here at least 1 hour before the start of the race.
- Race numbers must be collected 1 hour before the race starts
- Online entries are open and close 20 February 2019.
- All CSA rules apply. Please go to www.cyclingsa.com to update yourself. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse for any transgression.
- All announcements and instructions made on Race day by the race director are binding.
- Registration closes 30min before the start of the first race. For your own convenience ensure that you are in time.
- All queries regarding the results must be lodged with the time keepers within 30min after results are made available on race day.
- No race number, No result.
Marathon - (Senior, sub-vet, vet, master, grand master)
Half Marathon - (All categories of Marathon plus - junior, youth, sub-junior)
Fun Ride - (sprogs, nipper and open class)
DIRECTIONS TO VENUE:
Directions from Mokopane
Please see map below.
PARTNERS & SPONSORS: