FULL MOON TRAIL RUN SERIES - 2019
Date : 12 Sept | 10 Oct | 14 Nov | 5 Dec
Venue: Kameeldoring golf course, Mokopane, Limpopo, South Africa
Terrain: Bushveld | Gravel roads | Fairways | Game trails | Bridges |
Distance: 8km | 4km |
SERIES EVENT #1
SERIES REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN | ENTRIES PER EVENT OPEN LATER
* ENTER THE SERIES - ALL 4 EVENTS * | * SERIES PRE-ENTRIES CLOSES 31 AUGUST 2019 *
- Please register online for the SERIES
- Save time and money by registering for the SERIES
- Remember SERIES participants qualify for MEDALS and PRIZES!
- Receive a personalized timing bib with a name of your choice
- The special series registrations CLOSES, 31 August and single event entries OPEN in September
SERIES EVENT #1
Date : 12 SEPTEMBER 2019 - THURSDAY
Venue: Kameeldoring Golf Club, Clubhouse
Times: 17:15 - 18:00
Kameeldoring Oppi Stoep Restaurant will be open
12 September 2019 - THURSDAY
18:25 - Race briefing
18:30 - Start 8km trail run
18:40 - Start 4km trail run
Delicious pizza's, refreshments and lots more available
- R200 FOR ALL 4 EVENTS. (RACE TIMING BIB INCLUDED) - GET A PERSONALIZED TIMING BIB!
- ENTER YOURSELF FOR SINGLE EVENTS ONLINE AND ONLY PAY R50 PER PARTICIPANT PLUS R20 TIMING BIB FEE AT REGISTRATION.
- SAME RACE TIMING BIB TO BE USED FOR ALL EVENTS.
- RETURNING PARTICIPANTS ONLY PAY R50 PER EVENT.
- ONLINE ENTRIES WILL CLOSE 30 MINUTES BEFORE START - REGISTER YOURSELF ONLINE
- IF WE HAVE TO ENTER YOUR DETAILS AT REGISTRATION, THERE WILL BE AN LATE PENALTY FEE OF R100 PER ENTRY.
- THIS SERIES HAS 4 RACES AND THE BEST 3 WILL COUNT TOWARDS YOUR FINAL SERIES SCORE.
- HEADLIGHTS ARE COMPULSORY.
- PLEASE SUPPORT THE GOLF CLUB BY HAVING DINNER AND DRINKS AFTERWARDS.
- The event will take place as scheduled. Adverse weather conditions (rain, hail, lightning etc.) will not affect event and the organizers do not take any responsibility if conditions affect participants in any way. Entrants with safety concerns can select not to participate.
- There are no cancellation refunds.
RACE CATEGORIES - 8 KM
- Under 40 category (12 - 39) Male and female categories
- Over 40 category (40 +) Male and female categories.
RACE CATEGORIES - 4 KM
- Under 40 category (7 - 39) Male and female categories.
- Over 40 category (40+) Male and female categories.
- FREE entry for children under 12 accompanied by parent / adult participant. (If you need timing for child, register and only pay R20)
- 8 km trail running course. (Approximate distance)
- 4 km trail running course. (Approximate distance)
- Due to the nature of trail running there are no km marker boards.
- There are no official water points on route.
- Make sure you take your own water supply with you.
- Walkers welcome.
YOUR ENTRY INCLUDES:
- Being part of the Full Moon Trail Run Series in Mokopane
- Access to Kameeldoring Golf Club and Thorny Bush Estate
- Professionally timed event with instant live results
- Running bib to be used for the 2019 series
- Earn Discovery Vitality points
- Special medals for series finishers (Compete in at least 3 events)
- Ample food and drinks to be sold at the golf clubhouse
- Final prize giving ceremony for series winners and finishers, 5th December 2019
- Kameeldoring golf course.
- Directions: See map at bottom of page.
- Registration and Start at the clubhouse.
- Restaurant, bar and bathrooms at venue.
- Leave work, come run, have supper.
RACE DATES AND TIMES
- See top of page for Info
FUTURE EVENTS IN THE SERIES
Starting September till December 2019
- 12 September 2019
- 10 October 2019
- 14 November 2019
- 5 December 2019
- Entry fee for the SERIES events, R200 includes your Running Bib, to be used for the 2019 trail run series.
- Entries per single event - R50 per competitor plus a R20 once off Timing Bib fee. (Pay at registration)
- Pre-entries closes 30 minutes before start.
- You can enter per event online and pay at registration.
- Lost or replacement bibs will cost R20.
- Please enter yourself online OR pay R100 penalty at registrations.
- No refunds of entry fees or transfers to future events.
It is compulsory that competitors must each be equipped with a headlamp or torch. The stronger the light the better.
It is recommended that competitors should each be equipped with the following minimum equipment:
- Trail shoes or similar shoes.
- A hydration system (water bottles or bladder). No water stations on course.
- Comfortable running clothes suitable to weather conditions.
EVENT RULES & REGULATIONS
- The series consist of a points system and the competitors best 3 results will count towards the series points.
- Only paid participants in the event will be allowed on the course.
- Competitor completing in the event must comply to all the rules and regulations.
- Competitors are to complete the entire event without any assistance.
- Competitors are required to follow the course as designed by the Organizer.
- Stay off the Greens and any other sensitive areas.
- No dogs allowed.
- This is a FUN Series.
- No supporters on the course.
- No physical support is allowed. Any form of physical support will lead to the competitor’s disqualification.
- Supporters are to have read these Standard Rules and Regulations as well as the Event Specific Rules.
- There will be NO medical assistance on site.
- Entrants with safety concerns can select not to participate.
Results & Complaints & Appeals
- Competitors crossing the finish will be given a “Provincial result”. This is pending the outcome of complaints and/or any further information coming to the organisers’ knowledge.
- All complaints and/or queries are to be directed to the organisers and/or their Management Team.
- Any objections to positions in the results, must be lodge with the organisers within an hour after finishing the event.
- Winners must be present at Prize Giving to qualify for prizes on 5 December 2019.
- The Event Organisers decision is final.
- Any competitor who has not completed the entire course will be disqualified.
- Any competitor found to have transgressed the rules and regulations of the event and/or acting contrary to the spirit of the event will be liable for disqualification.
- The Race Director may impose a disqualification or penalty taking into consideration the spirit of the event.
Spirit of the Event
- Not cheating with regard to the rules and regulations of this event and the sport.
- Where one competitor finds another in need of medical attention – they must stop to assist.
- Abiding by the rules and regulations of this event and sport.
- Being eco-friendly, polite and prepared to assist a fellow man in need.
- Not misleading organisers and/or marshals with inaccurate/incomplete information.
- Not removing direction boards or signage of any sort.
PRIZES / AWARDS
1st, 2nd, 3rd - SERIES WINNERS
- 8km Under 40 Male
- 8km Under 40 Female
- 8km Over 40 Male
- 8km Over 40 Female
1st, 2nd, 3rd - SERIES WINNERS
- 4km Under 40 Male
- 4km Under 40 Female
- 4km Over 40 Male
- 4km Over 40 Female
- Prize winners must be present at prize giving to qualify for prizes the, 5th of December 2019
- Medals to all finishers in the SERIES. - Must have completed 3 events.
- Lucky draw prizes will be handed out at prize giving.
- All objections must be made before prize giving. After prizes have been handed out, the results are final.
ROUTE MAP | ELEVATION | DISTANCE
Route maps will be available week before event!